Trouble signing into Sony using a passkey

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password not working with Sony Account Login.

Comments

• M4rk3
    M4rk3
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this issue too
    Set up the passkey that Playstation now offer.
    However, because the autofill mechanism does not work correctly on the Sony login page, I can't use my passkey on iOS. When I try to use passkey, only the built-in iOS pops.

I can use the passkey on Safari on macOS, as the safari extension pops up when attempting to use passkey.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 22
    Options

@M4rk3

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when signing into your Sony/Playstation account using a passkey. I don't have a Sony/Playstation account myself but one of my colleagues was able to sign in using a passkey earlier today. Can you confirm that iOS AutoFill is setup to work with 1Password on your iOS device:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select any other password manager.

Then try to sign in again using these two guides:

If that doesn't work then can you post a screenshot of what you see when you try to sign in using your passkey? Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• DannyP
    DannyP
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to chime and say I’m having the same issue on iOS both in Safari and in the native PlayStation app exactly as described above. That being said after I did something in Safari with 1Password (creating an account on this site on iOS Safari, saving my password in 1Password) I’m getting a slightly different experience. I’m now getting the option to select the passkey from 1Password, but when I select continue, nothing happens.

I created this passkey on my Mac in Chrome using the 1Password plugin.

Let me know if I can share any further information.

• DannyP
    DannyP
    Community Member
    Options

I kept messing around and I finally got it working. I removed my passkey from my Sony account and restarted my phone. After restarting I created a new passkey in my Sony account in Safari successfully. This wasn’t working prior to restarting. I tried to log back in and it was still giving me the behavior initially reported in this thread. I then went into Robinhood, which was also giving me issues prior to restating, and created a new passkey in their native app. The passkey saved fine, so I decided to logout and back in of Robinhood to test and it was successful with a passkey. I then went back to safari, opened a new tab to navigate to PlayStation.com, went to sign in, and after manually inputting my email address, I was prompted for a passkey, and it asked me to use 1Password for the passkey.

I’m not sure what exact step helped trigger things properly, but it seems like Safari wasn’t realizing there was a passkey available to use at first. Maybe it has to do with the plugin’s connection between safari and 1Password?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DannyP

I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. Let me know if you run into any other issues, we're here to help. 🙂

-Dave