Passkeys doesn't work on shopify.

Options
AqUaReGiA
AqUaReGiA
Community Member
edited March 1 in 1Password in the Browser

I have an account on shopify and I tried creating passkeys on it using 1password but it showed an error on my web browser. While if I used windows to create it it worked perfectly.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2
Browser: Opera

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @AqUaReGiA! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when saving and signing in using a passkey on Shopify and I'm here to help. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. What does the error message say?
    2. Do you see the error message when saving the passkey or signing in with the passkey?
    3. Did you follow these instructions: Shopify Help Center | Using passkeys

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• AqUaReGiA
    AqUaReGiA
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    1. The error message was generic just like a placeholder it didn't say anything useful.
    2. I saw the error message while trying to create/save a passkey
    3. Yes I followed these instructions and using them only I'm able to create passkey if I'm creating them on windows, it only fails for 1password.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 6
    Options

@AqUaReGiA

Thank you for the reply. So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue one more time:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave