Wanting to set specific subdomains to never prompt to save a password

Options

I've noticed that if I wish, I can exempt an entire domain from being prompted to save a password:

Eg. example.com or example.com.au

If, however, I have multiple subdomains (such as inside a corporate environment, or a home lab), I might have domains like:

app1.internal.example.com
app2.internal.example.com

... I might be fine with saving for example.com or internal.example.com or even app2... but I might want to stop being asked every time I'm prompted for app1.

Is there a way to blacklist autofill/save on a specific subdomain?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.21.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @adfhogan, thank you for reaching out.

You mentioned:

Is there a way to blacklist autofill/save on a specific subdomain?

You can temporarily hide 1Password on a specific page by right-clicking anywhere on the page and selecting "1Password - Password Manager" > "Hide on this page". However, this is a temporary solution, and the Inline menu suggestions (saving or filling) re-appear when the browser restarts.

There isn't a way to blacklist a specific domain when saving a Login item. However, you can set up an Autofill behaviour rule that suggests a Login item for a specific domain. Here's more information on Autofill behaviour rules -> Change where a login is suggested and filled.

I do understand the usefulness of blacklisting saving/filling on a specific subdomain. I've shared your feedback with our product team for further review.

I hope that helps, @adfhogan. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Evon