Wanting to set specific subdomains to never prompt to save a password

Options

I've noticed that if I wish, I can exempt an entire domain from being prompted to save a password:

Eg. example.com or example.com.au

If, however, I have multiple subdomains (such as inside a corporate environment, or a home lab), I might have domains like:

app1.internal.example.com
app2.internal.example.com

... I might be fine with saving for example.com or internal.example.com or even app2... but I might want to stop being asked every time I'm prompted for app1.

Is there a way to blacklist autofill/save on a specific subdomain?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.21.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @adfhogan, thank you for reaching out.

You mentioned:

Is there a way to blacklist autofill/save on a specific subdomain?

You can temporarily hide 1Password on a specific page by right-clicking anywhere on the page and selecting "1Password - Password Manager" > "Hide on this page". However, this is a temporary solution, and the Inline menu suggestions (saving or filling) re-appear when the browser restarts.

There isn't a way to blacklist a specific domain when saving a Login item. However, you can set up an Autofill behaviour rule that suggests a Login item for a specific domain. Here's more information on Autofill behaviour rules -> Change where a login is suggested and filled.

I do understand the usefulness of blacklisting saving/filling on a specific subdomain. I've shared your feedback with our product team for further review.

I hope that helps, @adfhogan. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Evon

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @EvonG1P .. I did try adding a new login item, adding the explicit subdomains I wanted to block to the new login item, then selecting the options on the domains and saying "Never fill for this domain", but then the 1Password X plugin still sees other items in adjacent 3LDs etc. and offers to add, or update.

One of the entries it offers to update, is the entry that says don't offer to save :)

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe where domains are related, there might in future be a way of arranging them into a hierarchy, and excluding logins within branches of that hierarchy.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @adfhogan, thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay.

You mentioned:

but then the 1Password X plugin still sees other items in adjacent 3LDs etc. and offers to add, or update.
    One of the entries it offers to update, is the entry that says don't offer to save

So that I can take a closer look, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon