• MacBookPro18,3 - M1 chip - macOS 14.3.1

Issue...

• reproducible issue
  • open 1password (no browser)
  • click "New Item"
  • click "Login"
  • give it a title and username
  • click in the "password" field -- and "Create a New Password" button appears
  • I click that, and the button goes away, no password is entered, and the left sidebar turns blank. (It normally contains my profile, "All Items", "Favorites", "Watchtower" -- and "Categories" and "Vaults" and "Tags" sections.
  • I can click the empty sidebar and all those once again appear -- but no password is able to be saved into one-password.

Related...

• I start at an existing log-in item in the 1password app (no browser)
  • I click "Edit"
  • I click in the already-filled-in "password" field
  • the "Create a New Password" button appears
  • i click it -- and the left sidebar turns blank as described above -- and no new password replaces the pre-existing password.

Thanks in advance for help!

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @birkin! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue when creating a new item. The symptoms that you've described sound like a known issue that our development team is investigating where certain types of tags can break the rendering of the main window. Can you try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Uncheck "Tags" under the Always show in Sidebar section.

Once this is unchecked, do you still see the issue? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28117

• birkin
    birkin
    Community Member
    Options

thanks dave -- this morning I opened a ticket, and a Mat got back to me very quickly letting me know this, which resolved the issue. I gave Mat a big thanks, please pass this public one on also. Such great customer support; much appreciated.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@birkin

I'm happy that Mat was able to help, I've passed along your very kind words to him and to the team as a whole. 😊

As he mentioned in his conversation with you, we're currently testing a permanent fix in the latest beta and we hope to release that fix to the stable version as soon as possible. If you have any other questions in the future please don't hesitate to let me know.

-Dave

ref: XVH-94472-823