iPad 5th Gen iOS 16.7.5 (with fingerprint recognition enabled) Safari Extension won't unlock

Options
timbok28
timbok28
Community Member

Safari Extension won't unlock. I've tried the fix suggested in the now closed discussion: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/702117 without success. I can invoke the 1Password app to complete existing logins, but the Safari extension won't unlock.

Please help!

1Password Version: 8.10.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.7.5
Browser: Safari

Comments

• timbok28
    timbok28
    Community Member
    Options

To be clear - it asks for the master password (as it does every 2 weeks, per maximum period in the settings) rather than fingerprint scan. It is rejecting the password.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @timbok28! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari won't unlock on your iPad. Thank you for linking to the other thread so that I know what you've tried already. As a next step can you try the following:

1. Open the iOS Settings app.
    2. Select Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
    3. Select Remove All Website Data.
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. Open Safari then unlock 1Password for Safari.

Let me know if that still doesn't work and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• timbok28
    timbok28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave
    That's let me in on second attempt (I got "oops something went wrong" when I first tried opening the Safari extension. Fingers X'ed this won't happen again!

Many Thanks

-Tim

• Dave_1P
    Options

@timbok28

Thank you for the reply! If you do run into that error message, or any other issues when unlocking 1Password for Safari, in the future then let me know and I can dig deeper. 🙂

-Dave