Two-Factor Authenticator

Options
Stacey63
Stacey63
Community Member
edited March 8 in Mac

Evertime I open 1Password it asks me to verify a authenticate a code using the APP. I've never used an APP to set this up. It asks to Verify now or Authenticate later. I keep selecting later, and it allows me to open.
What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 8
    Options

Hello @Stacey63! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you're being prompted to authenticate your 1Password account when using the app because two-factor authentication is turned on for your account. Without completing the authentication process changes made using the app won't be saved to your 1Password account or be synced to your other devices.

Do you recall scanning a QR code using an authenticator app on your phone? The app might be called one of the following:

• Microsoft Authenticator
    • Google Authenticator
    • Authy
    • DUO

Please let me know if you see an authenticator app. If you do then open the authenticator app and see if you can find a one-time passcode for 1Password inside of the authenticator app.

If you don't see an authenticator app on your phone then I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave