Can I hide a vault on my smartphone?

Options
briburs
briburs
Community Member

Hi, I want to hide a vault in the Android version. My idea is to keep all my vaults into my macOS app but hide some important information in my Android to avoid security issues in case of stealing or losing my phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @briburs! 👋

Thank you for the question! The only way to prevent a vault from syncing to your devices would be to enable Travel Mode for a particular vault. This would ensure that the vault could only be accessed from 1Password.com: Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel

However Travel Mode applies to all devices so that wouldn't help you if your goal was to selectively sync a vault only to your Mac and not your Android phone.

Can you tell me a little more about the threat that you're trying to protect against? Even if someone were to steal your phone they would still need your account password to unlock 1Password and decrypt the data stored there. If you wish, you can have 1Password lock more frequently:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• briburs
    briburs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I want to avoid access to a specific vault only from my smartphone. I'm from Latin America and usually when someone steal your phone, they asking to unlock your phone and some apps.
    Best,

• Dave_1P
    Options

@briburs

Thanks for the reply. It isn't currently possible to make a vault available on certain devices but not others. That being said, I can see how such a feature would be useful and I've filed a feature request on your behalf.

For the time being, if you have a 1Password Families membership, then you can create another "family member" for yourself and store important items in that new account while storing less important items in your existing account. Then you can decide which account to add to your different devices: Add and remove family members

I hope that helps.

-Dave

ref: PB-38640766