1password safari extension constantly stops working!

Options

For quite a long time now (perhaps 6 - 12 months) the 1password Safari extension just stops working completely, or asks for a password every time. There seems to be no real reason, just after any amount of days (I do not turn my Mac off) I have issues.
The one issue is that often the extension does not respond at all and when I klick on the 1password button in the Safari toolbar, it says it is trying to unlock but never does.
The other issue, if the extension is working, is that it then constantly asks for the password.
I have read so many posts on this and every time it happens I follow the actions in this post: https://1password.community/discussion/142638/safari-extension-always-wants-password.
However, this is not a suitable solution as I have to do this every few days or so!
My macOS is always kept up to date, along with 1password and Safari.
This is getting to the stage that I am seriously considering cancelling the subscription because this isa just not acceptable.
Does anyone else have any sort of long-time/permanent solution to this?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.10
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1 Sonoma
Browser: Safari 17.3.1

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @StuggiBear. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with 1Password for Safari.

Based on what you shared, it sounds like 1Password for Safari is having trouble communicating with the 1Password desktop app.

So that I can take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

1. First, please recreate the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon