Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4, and Master Password no longer opens 1Password

Options
calvinbradshaw
calvinbradshaw
Community Member
edited March 11 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

No issues for 10 years.
Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4 just then.
Went to open 1Password 7 Desktop app, get the "Your Master Password is required to use Touch ID." No problems...
Enter my master password (that I use every day with 1 Password on my Mac, so I know it)
Won't open (I get the red lock again)
Thinking I am going crazy, I open 1Password on my phone, check that Master Password is correct, it is, try it again, still won't open.
Could it be my keyboard? type the master PW into a place, perfect, copy to clipboard, and paste in the App, still won't open (Wrong Master password).
Delete 1 Password app.
Reinstall from App Store. Still wont open (Wrong Master password).
I am not locked out, as I have it on my iPhone, but I need it on my Mac.
Please Help!

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Version 7.9.11 (70911000)
OS Version: macOS 14.4 (23E214)
Browser: Native app

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @calvinbradshaw! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble unlocking 1Password. 1Password 7 is an older version of the app that hasn't been tested with macOS Sonoma and is no longer supported.

Are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) and see all of your items there? If you are then I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8:

The upgrade is available at no additional cost if you already have a 1Password.com account. If upgrading doesn't help, or if you don't have an account yet, then please let me know.

-Dave

• calvinbradshaw
    calvinbradshaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. yes thanks for that. After I put the comment up, I found a link in support to download 1Password 8 and that worked, but since by comment was not visible yet, I couldn't delete it or say I had solved the issue. I Also, I thought downloading from the App Store would have given me the latest. For some reason it didn't. All good now - Calvin.

• It's great to hear that the issue is resolved after updating to 1Password 8 for Mac, @calvinbradshaw!

You can always find the latest version of 1Password in the downloads section on our website: Download 1Password

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

-David