Undocumented Keyboard Short Interfering with Another App

Options
rcornish
rcornish
Community Member
edited March 11 in Mac

Apparently, v8.10 added an undocumented keyboard shortcut that is over-riding a keyboard command in one of the main apps I use.

The shortcut is ⌘\ (Command-Backslash), which launches a 1P search window from any other app.

This keyboard shortcut is NOT listed in the list of keyboard shortcuts invoked within 1P by pressing ⌘/ (Command-Forward Slash).

Can you please make this go away???!!! (Or at least tell me how to disable it.)

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: N2.21.0
OS Version: 14.2.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 11
    Options

Hello @rcornish! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. Command-Backslash has been the default shortcut for Universal Autofill since 1Password 8 was first released, you can find the shortcut documented here: 1Password keyboard shortcuts

You can change the shortcut for Autofill to another combination by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Scroll down, click into the field next to Autofill, and choose a new short or click the X to just remove the existing shortcut.

I do agree that the shortcut should be listed in the modal that appears when you pressing Command-Forwardslash and I've filed an internal work item to have the team look into this. I'm sorry for the confusion.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28450

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I believe you… but this is the first time a 1P key command usurped an action in another app. That is a change in v8.10. Fortunately, I was able to find this key command in the preferences and turn it off.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rcornish

I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. I'm not aware of any changes of this sort in 1Password for Mac version 8.10.0 or any other recent update but I'll keep an eye out to see if more customers report running into this issue so that I can investigate further.

-Dave1.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

Just FYI, the app 1P interfered with is MOTU Digital Performer (an audio recording app). In DP, ⌘\ (Command-Backslash) clears overload indications in the audio meters, which is something that's used often.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rcornish

Thanks for letting me know, changing the keyboard shortcut in either MOTU Digital Performer or 1Password so that you don't have two apps using Command-Backslash would be the best option. 🙂

-Dave