1Password does not work with Safari profiles

Options
greenpig
greenpig
Community Member
edited March 15 in 1Password in the Browser

The app is pretty much unusable with Safari if you use profiles. Sometimes it won't unlock, sometimes it will only unlock with the icon in the browser bar, sometimes it will unlock but nothing will fill. It may work in one profile, and fail in others. Much of the time I have to open the 1Password app, search it for the site I'm on, and copy and paste the password into Safari. It works fine in other browsers.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• greenpig
    greenpig
    Community Member
    Options

No response? This is a pretty serious issue.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @greenpig, thank you for reaching out. I apologize for the delay in response.

Based on what you shared, it sounds like you might be running into a known issue that we're tracking with 1Password for Safari. So that I can confirm, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#28250

• codingp
    codingp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Support,
    I am having the same issue on Mac/Safari with multiple Profiles. Any updates on that issue?

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @codingp, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're running into. I don't have any updates to share regarding the known issue I mentioned in my previous message.

So that I can confirm you're running into the known issue, when it does occur, I'd like to ask you to create a console log and diagnostics report from your Mac and then attach them to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com following the steps I shared above.

-Evon

• kadso
    kadso
    Community Member
    Options

Elsewhere others have posted the problems they are having with the 1password for safari extension not filling in, not unlocking, and basically not being useful. I am having similar problems.

Are there any updates?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: 2.21.0
    OS Version: MacOs 14.4.1
    Browser: Safari

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kadso

I'm sorry that you're also running into problems. Would you mind sending me a console log the next time that the issue occurs? This will allow me to determine which issue you're running into (there are a couple that our developers are looking into) and provide you with a workaround or more specific information:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jklinephd
    jklinephd
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue and it has been an issue for weeks. I even reinstalled the extension for Safari.

I will send an email to the above address with reference to this thread.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @jklinephd, I'm sorry for the trouble. We look forward to getting in contact with you via email.

-Evon

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    edited April 27
    Options

Unable to use extension with many sites. Autofill works with this forum but not with bank (any longer). Support page gives instructions for "reintegrating" but extension is already set to integrate. Sent email.