new m2 mac: does it require Rosetta to run 1password8?

Options
Dennis271
Dennis271
Community Member

in other words isn't 1password available as a native M2 program, after all it is 2024.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Dennis271! 👋

I'm happy to confirm that 1Password 8 has been available as a native app for Apple Silicon since it was released. You can download 1Password 8 directly through our website:

Our installer will automatically download and install the right build for your Mac whether you have an Intel Mac or an Apple Silicon Mac. If you've migrated from an Intel Mac and are seeing a message about Rosetta, then it means that you migrated the Intel build of the app from your old Mac and you'll need to reinstall 1Password (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click on the 1Password menubar icon and then click Quit.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• Dennis271
    Dennis271
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Your instructions were spot on! I didn't realize that you may not have see my original reply which was by email, my bad. Anyway, thanks again!!

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that I was able to help! Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any other questions in the future.

-Dave