Move a Vault to a different Family

Options
Mike8888
Mike8888
Community Member
edited March 25 in Android

I am in two families as admin. How do I move a handful of vaults from Family#1 to Family#2.

The only option I can come up with is to export ALL of Family#1 to a file, then Import ALL of that file to Family#2. Then I could delete the extraneous vaults from both Families. But wouldn't they remain in the archive after deletion?

There must be a better way.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.5.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Mike8888! 👋

Thank you for the question! The easiest way to move items between accounts is by using the 1Password desktop app on Mac, Windows, or Linux. You wrote that you're using a Mac so I'll tailor my instructions for that platform:

1. Sign into both accounts in 1Password for Mac: How to add another 1Password account to the apps and browser extension
    2. If needed, create new vaults in the destination account: Create and share vaults
    3. From the sidebar, select the source vault from the old account whose items you'd like to move to the new account.
    4. Click on an item in the item list and then press CMD-A to select all active items in that vault.
    5. Right-click on a selected item and click Move. Select the destination vault in the new account.
    6. Repeat the process for all individual vaults. When finished, confirm that you can see all of your items in the new account.

If you have archived items then you'll need to move these separately. You can read more about moving items here: Move or copy items

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave