Autofill shortcut not working on Godaddy

Options
Community Member
edited March 27 in 1Password in the Browser

Using the shortcut (ctrl ) to autofill a login item doesn't work on godaddy sign in page.
https://sso.godaddy.com/

But if I press the autofill button within the extension, it works.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.30 (81030001)
Extension Version: 2.21
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Edge

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello, @0100110. Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're bumping into with 1Password.

I've done some testing on my end and used the [ CTRL + \ ] keyboard shortcut from the 1Password Windows app (stable and beta) using Edge, Chrome and Firefox, but I haven't been able to recreate the same behaviour.

Does this issue occur only on the GoDaddy website? Can you use Quick Access instead with [ CTRL + Shift + Space ] to Autofill from the 1Password Windows app?

-Evon

Community Member
    edited March 27
    Options

I've pinpointed the problem, it's only when one of these options is disabled. the shortcut (ctrl + ) works for other sites but not with godaddy. I keep this option disabled as something the 1P icon hide some fields or appears when not needed so I prefer to work only with the shortcut.

Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P Another update, I have found the bug on other websites as well when I have more than one login item associated with the website.

it doesn't work with [ CTRL + \ ]
    it works with [ CTRL + Shift + Space ]

A feature request: Allow to use the autofill shortcut repeatedly to switch beetwen login item when a form field is in focus

Community Member
    Options

Hello @EvonG1P Were you able to reproduce the bug above when "Offer to fill and save passwords" is disabled ? The shortcut [ CTRL + \ ] doesn't work because there is more than one login item.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @0100110, thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, I was able to reproduce what you mentioned. To clarify, the Quick Access shortcut [ CTRL + Shift + Space ] on the 1Password Windows app is the AutoType feature. Quick Access will not suggest website logins and requires searching for the Login item manually. At this point, you can press enter on the login to fill it. Here's more information on AutoType -> Auto-type for Windows - now available in Labs (Nightly) — 1Password Community.

If you have multiple Login items for a specific website, [ CTRL + \ ] will not open Quick Access to suggest which Login item to use. Therefore, if the "Offer to fill and save passwords" option in 1Password in the browser is disabled, the Login items will not appear below the email and password field from the 1Password extension to Autofill.

I'd suggest leaving the "Offer to fill and save passwords" enabled to use the 1Password extension for Autofill in the browser, or you can use AutoType [ CTRL + Shift + Space ] from the 1Password Windows app.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Evon

Community Member
    Options

I have no other choice than letting "Offer to fill and save passwords" enabled in the browser because as you explained [ CTRL + Shift + Space ] is not for that purpose but rather for Windows AutoType.

In the browser, the problem with [ CTRL + \ ] is that you must use the arrow key to select the correct login item when you have multiples item for the websites.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@0100110

Thanks for the reply. If you have multiple login for the same website then 1Password won't know which one to fill unless you tell it. That's why 1Password will display the suggestions menu and allow you to choose the correct login.

I do have a suggestion, you can put logins that you use less often into a separate vault and then hide that vault from 1Password in the browser:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Click Accounts & vaults.
    3. De-select the vault with logins that you need less often.

If you do need one of those other logins then you can always click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar, click on the hidden vault in the pop-up and search on the login before clicking Autofill.

I hope that helps!

-Dave

Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.
    Otherwise this is what I was looking for: https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/1bucbuk/ctrl_autofill_press_again_to_cycle_through/

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey, @0100110. Thank you for your reply. On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

While I can't make any promises, I've shared your feedback with our product team in favour of that feature request. Thank you again for helping us make 1Password better.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

-Evon

ref: PB-39241871