1Password7 Mini will not open while Chrome is in focus

Options
justycebonczynski
justycebonczynski
Community Member
edited March 27 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I typically use the 1password icon in the menu bar of MacOS to open the mini version. However, for ~1 month if I have Chrome in focus the mini windows will not open. It behaves properly if any other app takes focus. I am currently on Sonoma but have seen the issue happen on Ventura as well.

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.3.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• JonM1PW
    Options

Hey @justycebonczynski,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your 1Password application. I see that you're using a legacy version of 1Password. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 is no longer being supported. While 1Password 7 may continue to work for some time, you may run into issues with MacOS upgrades as we're no longer testing 1Password 7 on the latest version of MacOS.

In this case, I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8 which is the newest version. 1Password 8 is being actively tested on the latest versions of macOS and might already include a fix for the issue through the new Quick Access feature. You can download 1Password 8 from our website:: Download 1Password 8 for MacOS

If you already have an account, there will be no additional cost for 1Password 8, so you'd be able to use the latest and greatest version of 1Password with that plan with no issue.

If you're still seeing the issue after upgrading to 1Password 8, please let me know and I can take a deeper look for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.

-Jon

• justycebonczynski
    justycebonczynski
    Community Member
    Options

I would be more willing to update to 1Password 8, but from my understanding is the mini view accessed through the MacOS menu bar is no longer a feature. My other issue is that 1Password8 is not available through the app store. Meaning when updates come out I would have to repackage the app every time to deploy through MDM.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@justycebonczynski

Thanks for the reply. You can setup 1Password 8 to open Quick Access when you click the menubar icon: Get to know Quick Access

Quick Access is an amazing new way to instantly access all of your items from anywhere on macOS and it can even fill your logins into other Mac apps: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

My other issue is that 1Password8 is not available through the app store. Meaning when updates come out I would have to repackage the app every time to deploy through MDM.

If your workplace uses a deployment tool like Intune or Kandji then your IT team can use a special installation package to install 1Password and manage updates for you: Deploy 1Password for Mac and Windows

If your IT team would like to discuss this further then please have them send an email to support@1password.com and our team would be happy to help them deploy 1Password on your organization's work devices.

-Dave

• justycebonczynski
    justycebonczynski
    Community Member
    Options

For MDM we use JAMF Pro. As far as I am aware there is not a way to make a package that can be automatically updated. That is one of the largest hold backs from going to 8. The instructions supplied confirm that.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 5
    Options

@justycebonczynski

Thanks for the reply. I recommend reaching out to your Customer Success Manager or 1Password Business Support (businesssupport@1password.com), they'll be able to walk through the available options and talk about best practices when it comes to deploying 1Password 8.

-Dave