Incorrect date format

Options
opusman
opusman
Community Member

Is the issue with the Windows desktop app using the wrong date format ever going to be fixed?

I see it was reported here about 4 years ago, after 2 years the discussion was closed. Very disappointing that such a simple bug gets ignored when it can actually have quite serious consequences.

What is the subscription fee for if long standing bugs never get fixed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @opusman! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the wrong date format when using 1Password. Would you mind linking to the discussion that you're referring to so that I can review it?

Regarding the issue itself, our developers are actively working on a date formatting issue. Could you clarify where you're seeing the date formatting issue? Is it for something like the expiry date for a credit card or passport? Could you also post a screenshot of your language/region settings from Windows itself?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• opusman
    opusman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, this is one such discussion, there are others:
    https://1password.community/discussion/121932/consistent-date-format-and-preferrably-in-international-format

As you say, expiry dates for credit card/passports do not use correct region settings.

For example:

This makes it look like the passport expires 2nd June, where as it really has already expired.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @opusman, thanks for getting back to us with this additional information 😄

At the moment, the date format used for these fields in 1Password is based on the Windows display language setting in Windows, rather than the regional format or locale settings.

If you go to your Windows Language settings page, is your Windows display language currently set to something that might result in the MM/DD/YYYY format, for example English (United States)? If so, does changing the language setting to English (Australia) and then restarting 1Password get these dates to show in DD/MM/YYYY format?