Consistently crashing on Windows 11 startup

Options
skr1pwd
skr1pwd
Community Member

Every time I turn my computer on (or reboot) -- I immediately (after logging in to Windows) get a message saying 1Password has crashed. I click "Report" and it seems to restart itself OK.

It's more (extremely) annoying than anything else.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22631.3374
Browser: Edge / Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @skr1pwd! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing after you boot your Windows PC. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. You mentioned clicking "Report", do you see any other error messages? Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see when 1Password crashes?
    2. When did the issue start happening? Has it occurred for months? Or has it just started happening recently?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• skr1pwd
    skr1pwd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.
    1. There are no other error messages. This is what comes up (I always click "Report" and nothing further appears):
    2. It's been happening for months now.

Hope this helps!

• Dave_1P
    edited April 9
    Options

@skr1pwd

Thank you for the reply. So that I can look into this further and find a fix for the issue, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue one more time and then create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• skr1pwd
    skr1pwd
    Community Member
    Options

Done! Thanks.
    IAM-28664-623

• Global
    Global
    Community Member
    Options

Having exactly the same issues. I think 1Password updated on my W11 computer yesterday. Every time I restart, it crashes. Happens at other times too.

Looking on Reddit suggests a group of other users are also experiencing the issue.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@skr1pwd

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: IAM-28664-623

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Global

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the same crashing behaviour. Our developers are indeed investigating an issue that sounds similar to what is being reported in this thread. So that the team can confirm whether you're affected by this same issue, can you follow the instructions in my first reply to send in a diagnostics report? You can find the instructions here.

Once you've sent in the diagnostics report, please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that the ticket makes it to the right team.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28947

• Global
    Global
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. My support ID is: #GNH-28594-324

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Global

Thank you for the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you another reply soon. Please continue the conversation over email. 🙂

-Dave

ref: GNH-28594-324

• Juiceof2limes
    Juiceof2limes
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is still an issue being looked at as original poster mentions version 8.10.28 but I am seeing the same thing on two different machines but it does not happen everytime at boot and no way to predict it. I have version 8.10.30, can send diagnostics if so required.

Martin

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Juiceof2limes

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing on your Windows PC as well. A fix has been coded to a known crashing issue and is currently being tested by the team before being released in a future update. So that I can verify whether the issue that you're running into is the same one that our developers are working on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28947