Support for Syncplicity

Options

Any word on support for Syncplicty in 1Password? My company uses it (think of it like enterprise dropbox) and blocks dropbox thus causing some challenges for me without supporting Syncplicty.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @derekjoel,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

I must admit this is the first time I have ever heard of Syncplicity. As far as I can tell, Syncplicity does not provide the necessary APIs that we would need to support it on mobile devices. On the desktop, of course, you can use any file-based sync solution, so Syncplicity should work just fine there.

You can read more in our support article:

Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• derekjoel
    derekjoel
    Community Member
    Options

Which APIs do you speak of? If you can give me some details, I can get in touch with the product managers at Syncplicity...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Mobile APIs. You can already use any file-based sync solution on the desktop thanks to the design of the Agile Keychain Format. How do you sync with Syncplicity from within iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps?

It may be possible, for example, to sync data to an Android or iOS device, but is it possible to sync that data in a way that would make it available to 1Password on those devices?

This discussion has been closed.