Plans to eliminate duplicates in Mac version?

Options
tudor
tudor
Community Member

Are there any plans to bring back the remove duplicates feature into the latest version? It's a nuisance to delete them one by one. I realize 1Password will indicate a possible duplicate, but it would be much nicer to have it reduce them on a mass scale.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 14.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• TimG1P
    Options

Hey @tudor

The duplicate removal tool has been a popular request for quite some time and I'm happy to be the one to inform you that this feature is indeed available in the 1Password 8 app: Use Watchtower to find account details you need to change

While you may see a banner above your item details indicating when 1Password has found an identical item in the same vault, you can instead bulk remove duplicates with the following method:
    1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Select the Watchtower tab. If 1Password has identified duplicates, you'll see an "Items with duplicates" section.
    3. Under "Items with duplicates" click on Show Items. The middle bar will now display a list of items with duplicates
    4. Select Delete all duplicates to remove all duplicate copies of items.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be here if you have any questions along the way.