Broken desktop app <> browser extension causes browser to hang on Windows

Options
vasus
vasus
Community Member
edited April 8 in 1Password in the Browser

Whenever I install the 1Password browser extension on Edge or Vivaldi browsers, they:
1. Always fail to connect to the desktop 1Password app with the message 'Status: Problems connecting. Make sure the 1Password app is unlocked' despite the app already being unlocked.
2. About 10 minutes after starting the browser with the extension enabled, the browser hangs unable to open any new tabs or navigate to settings.

I noticed the same behaviour won two Chromium-based browsers (Edge and Vivaldi) on Windows. I don't have the same issue on my Linux machine. I am sure that the 1Password extension is causing the browsers to hang because the issue disappears as soon as I remove it.

I've been struggling with this problem for over a year, and it drives me nuts. No standard solutions of stopping and restarting both the app and extension ever worked for me, neither did updating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.30 (81030020)
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2 (OS build 22631.3374)
Browser: Vivaldi & Edge

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @vasus! 👋

I'm sorry that the integration between the desktop app and the browser extension appears to be breaking and that your browser is intermittently not responding. Can you reproduce the issue one more time and then send in the following so that I can investigate further:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• vasus
    vasus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P,

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. I generated the diagnostics logs and sent an email, as requested. I received the following support ticket ID: WNE-66554-432.

I look forward to hearing the outcome of your investigation.

-vasus

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vasus

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply, if you don't see it then please check your spam/junk folder.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'll close this forum thread to prevent duplication of efforts.

-Dave

ref: WNE-66554-432

This discussion has been closed.