Various issues on Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

Options
dav1nc1
dav1nc1
Community Member
edited April 24 in Android

I've had to reinstall the app 3 times in the space of a day due to various issues.

The first time was due to watchtower not updating at all. Resinstalling the app seemed to fix it.

Then biometrics stopped working and I was forced to log in using my password and 2FA code every time I started the app (biometrics worked with all other apps). And when I did log in I got a toast saying "Unable to save 2FA code"? (note that I do have NordVPN running on my phone, so am not sure if this could be why it constantly prompts for the 2FA code on every login?)

Then the last time the screen was just blank every time I logged in, and then the app crashed. I tried restarting the device but 1Password still kept crashing. My phone also felt like it was heating up prior to the app crashing. The only way to resolve it was to reinstall yet again.

Has anyone else had these issues with 1Password on their Samsung?

Worth noting I didn't seem to have any of these issues prior to the very latest Android update, though this could just be coincidence.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14 (2024-04-01 security patch)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @dav1nc1! 👋

I'm sorry that you've run into a few different issues with 1Password on your Samsung Galaxy. This definitely doesn't right and the team is here to dig deeper to see if you might be running into a bug(s) that can be fixed. The next time that you run into one of these issues, before reinstalling the app, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• dav1nc1
    dav1nc1
    Community Member
    edited April 21
    Options

I submitted diagnostics as requested.

I haven't had any more crashes or Watchtower issues, but the biometric one is common. It happens a few times a day. I have found one way to remedy is to restart the device. It then just prompts for the master password but not 2FA, and then biometrics is OK for a little while.

The times when biometrics issue occurs it briefly shows the biometric popup, but before I have chance to scan my print, it closes the popup and requests a password. So its not that it scanned an 'invalid' print.

I had been trialling 1P for a couple of weeks prior to the latest release without a single issue, so it would seem the latest update broke something?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dav1nc1

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report. I see that you're already speaking to my colleagues over email, please continue the conversation there.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this forum thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: UXU-78914-647

This discussion has been closed.