How to remove old usernames and passwords for unused websites

Options
1MichaelandIlona
1MichaelandIlona
Community Member

I want to reduce the number of usernames password combos I have on my list. I can't figure out how to delete the websites on my list and passwords will only let me replace not delete. Often when I try to find things on your support pages, i get a loop. I want to fill in the password version but I have no idea where the page they suggest to me is. Every time I go to your site I get this kind of problem. I can find everything but not the about in the menu.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @1MichaelandIlona! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I recommend that you install the 1Password for Mac app if you haven't already. You can find it on our website:

Once you've installed the app and added your 1Password account, you can delete a login item if you no longer need it by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Right-click on the login item that you'd like to remove.
    3. Click Delete.

You'll also need to delete the relevant account on the website in question following their account deletion process. I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• 1MichaelandIlona
    1MichaelandIlona
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Does that work in all the apps ie on the phone and iPad?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@1MichaelandIlona

Thanks for the reply. When using the 1Password app on your iPhone and iPad, you can swipe left on an item in order to delete it. You can read more about deleting items here: Archive and delete items

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dave

• 1MichaelandIlona
    1MichaelandIlona
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, Dave. I guess I have just learned that this is where I can get my tech answers. I was looking for videos on YouTube. So, I went to support ,it I couldn’t make heads or tails of how to find something like the page you linked above. I am missing something in how I ask questions I guess. Thanks for the link.

• 1MichaelandIlona
    1MichaelandIlona
    Community Member
    Options

Well. I swiped left on the app and nothing happened. Maybe I am swiping left in the wrong place on the app. I have to say I like the app for its effectiveness but I don’t understand why all these answers aren’t in visually assisted form provided by support in the form of videos.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@1MichaelandIlona

I'm sorry that the process isn't as intuitive as it should be. Try these steps:

1. Open the main 1Password app from the Home Screen of your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap Items, then tap All Items to see a list of all your items. (On your iPad, tap All Items in the sidebar.)
    3. Scroll through the list until you see the item that you'd like to delete, then swipe to the left on the item from the item list. You should see a purple and red icon appear next to the item. Tap the red icon to delete the item.

If that doesn't work then, from the Item list at step 2, tap on the item that you'd like to delete to open it. In the top right corner of the item tap on the menu button (it looks like three dots in a circle). Then tap Delete from the menu that appears.

Let me know if both of these options don't work on your iPhone and iPad.

-Dave

• 1MichaelandIlona
    1MichaelandIlona
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave,
    I shouldn’t have sounded so bitter in my last response. Sorry about that. There’s so truth to the grumpy old man…LOL. When I swipe to the left on my iPad, nothings. I’ll try on my phone. It works fine on my phone and on my Mac. I will survive. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your expertise.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@1MichaelandIlona

There’s so truth to the grumpy old man…LOL.

I resemble that remark. ;) Just ask my kids. On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.