Problem with Windows & Edge Browser

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited April 23 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the following problems with the 1P browser extension. I do not know if they are connected.
1. I unlock 1P using the browser extension. A few minutes later it locks again, sometimes when I am half way though logging into a site. To be more specific, with the 1Pbrowser open and unlocked I click on a log in. The log in page appears 1P fills in the user name and then locks without filling in the password.
2. I try to log into a site using 1P in the browser and absolutely nothing happens at all. The only way I can solve that is to back completely out of Edge, come back in and try again.
3. Each time I open Edge, having previously unlocked 1P, the 1P browser icon shows but is not open. I have to wait for 30 seconds or so before the 1P icon shows it is ready for use.

I have no idea whether these issues are caused by 1P or Edge. Nor, what to do about it.

What I do know is that I rarely have a problem if I open 1P on my desk top although sometimes when I do that 1P browser icon stays locked. It doesn't stop me using 1P via the desktop version.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Andrew42! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into problems when using 1Password in the Edge browser. As a first step, can you try the suggestions in this article:

If none of those suggestions help then I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing one of the issues: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I am working through your list.
    When I go into Edge Extensions/Manager I find 1Password listed twice:
    Under Edge: 1Password-Password Manager 2.22.1
    Under Other Sources: 1Password Extension, desktop app required 4.7.5.90

Both are activated. Is this correct and are the version numbers the latest and greatest?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Andrew42

Thanks for the reply. "1Password Extension, desktop app required 4.7.5.90" is an older version of the 1Password extension that is no longer being updated or support, I recommend that you remove it. 2.22.1 is the latest version of 1Password in the browser, keep that one.

Let me know if you still see issues once you've removed the old extension and tried the suggestions in the article that I shared in my previous post.

-Dave

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Will do. I am away until tomorrow late afternoon, my time (CEST). I will remove the outdated extension and, see if that makes any difference. If necessary I will then continue through the suggestions you gave me.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Sounds good. The team and I will be here to help further once we hear back from you. 🙂

-Dave