S24 Ultra: Biometrics and 2FA broken

Options
Pfhortune
Pfhortune
Community Member
edited April 27 in Android

I'm having the same biometrics and 2FA issues described in this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/145399/various-issues-on-samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra#latest

Biometrics stop working unless I reboot the phone, and once I enter my password and 2fa token, 1password complains that it could not save the token.

It seems a number of folks have been having this issue this month. Any progress on a fix?

Model: SM-S928U1 (US Unlocked)

1Password Version: 1Password for Android 8.10.30 (81030042)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: One UI 6.1, Android 14, April 1, 2024 Google Play Update
Browser: N/A

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Pfhortune! 👋

I'm sorry that you're also running into biometric unlock issue on your Android phone. The team is aware of reports of similar issues from other users but our investigation is still ongoing. To help me investigate further, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue again and then create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Pfhortune
    Pfhortune
    Community Member
    Options

It seems like perhaps the issue is resolved, either by an update or some service behaving better, so I'm actually doing okay right now. I'll post again if it begins to misbehave again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Pfhortune

Sounds good. If the issue does return then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• dav1nc1
    dav1nc1
    Community Member
    Options

Just as an update on my case, it still occurs, but not as frequently. I found toggling biometrics off and back on stops the prompting for a little while, which is easier than rebooting the device. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next release.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dav1nc1

I'm sorry that the issue is still ongoing, I see that my colleague sent you an email with another question a few days ago. I recommend continuing the conversation in the support ticket that you have open over email so that the team can investigate further.

-Dave

ref: UXU-78914-647
    ref: dev/core/core#26838