Blank record opening when 1Password for iOS opens

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password always opens same password.

Comments

• Angelchops
    Angelchops
    Community Member
    edited April 30
    Options

Not just Android. I’m getting the same issue in iOS. In my case it’s a blank login record that appears each time I open the app. Not the end of the world but a bit irritating nonetheless.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Angelchops! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing a blank login item open each time that you use 1Password. It sounds like you might be running into a known issue with 1Password for iOS that our developers are investigating. Can you try the following steps to see if they allow you to workaround the issue:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

If that doesn't work then can you tell me which version of 1Password for iOS you're using and whether the issue always occurs after you tap on the 1Password icon from your iPhone's home screen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720

• Angelchops
    Angelchops
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have solved it after a few attempts. The only difference in the above steps to my usual procedure is that normally I ‘lock’ the app before closing it. Perhaps that was causing it? Anyway, it’s fixed now so thanks for your help. 👍

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Angelchops

I'm happy that the steps helped. Our developers are working to fix this issue permanently and hopefully that fix is included in a future update soon.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave