Problem importing from csv

leppto
leppto
Community Member

The support page ( https://support.1password.com/import-1password-com/ ) doesn't seem to be correct when using 1Password 7 in Mac OS.

When importing from csv file, the is no option to determine column order, instead everything gets imported right away. The page implies that several data types can be imported at once, but this is not the case: everything goes to the selected type (such as credit card).

Even the order of data in the actual import is not the same as the page tells: if data in csv is at order username, password, website the actual result will be: username=>password, password=>website and website=>username

How can I delete the imported items?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @leppto! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. The article that you linked to describes how you can use the 1Password web app to import a CSV file. If you have a 1Password membership you can access the web app here: 1Password.com

1Password 7 for Mac is an old version of 1Password and is no longer supported. It has a much more basic CSV importer than can only import CSV files that contain one type of item. You'll need to create a separate CSV file for each type of item that you wish to import.

If you're using an older standalone vault then I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8 and a 1Password membership: Upgrade to 1Password 8

-Dave

• leppto
    leppto
    Community Member

Hello Dave, and thank you for the prompt answer!

I don't our company license type, need to find out. Meanwhile I don't mind creating separate files for each type, basically I only need basic passwords import.

I would still like to know if there is an option to ( easily ) delete those instances that was created with the importer. Going manually through +800 passwords doesn't attract...

• @leppto

Thank you for the reply. 1Password 7 should have tagged the items using a tag with this format:

CSV Import YYYY-MM-DD

The date will correspond with the date that you imported the CSV file. You can use the sidebar to select that tag and find all important items in one list. I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave