Chrome Extension Suddenly Eating All Available CPUs

rsuvalle
rsuvalle
Community Member

Restarted my computer yesterday and now the Chrome extension is eating all of my CPUs. When I look at the activity monitor it keeps showing 1PasswordSLSMessaging as the file and there's dozens of them. If I force quit them they just keep replicating like a virus. If I turn off the extension it all goes away. I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 2.24.2
OS Version: MacOS 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @rsuvalle! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with the 1PasswordSLSNativeMessageHost process on your Mac. This was an issue that affected 1Password 7 which is an older version of our desktop app and is no longer supported.

Our latest version, 1Password 8, isn't affected by this issue and I recommend that you upgrade: Upgrade to 1Password 8

If you already have a 1Password membership then the upgrade is available at no additional cost. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

ref: apple-5654

• rsuvalle
    rsuvalle
    Community Member

Thanks. Though the Chrome Extension seems to be the issue. How do I know if I have a membership? I do see I pay an annual fee for 1Password, so maybe I do?

• @rsuvalle

The 1PasswordSLSNativeMessageHost process is part of the communication system between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password desktop app. There's a bug in 1Password 7 that can cause the performance issues that you've described but it's been fixed in 1Password 8.

How do I know if I have a membership? I do see I pay an annual fee for 1Password, so maybe I do?

If you pay an annual subscription then it sounds like you have a membership. You can check here: https://start.1Password.com/support

-Dave