Unable to activate "Unlock using Windows Hello"

JimBobBoy
JimBobBoy
Community Member

In the standalone client, 1Password Security option "Unlock using Windows Hello" is grayed out and unavailable, saying I should set up Windows Hello first. I cannot find anything I should have done and haven't. My fingerprint reader is newly set up, and Windows Hello works perfectly to log into the computer. When I go to Windows 10 Sign-In Options, I am told "You're all set up to sign in to Windows, apps and services with your fingerprint." The "Get help" link in 1Password Security gives me no additional information on what to do when Windows Hello appears to be set up but not recognized by 1Password. I have closed and reopened the application and rebooted. I have searched the forums, and cannot find this problem reported. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.33
Extension Version: 81033001
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @JimBobBoy! It's definitely strange that Hello is enabled in Windows but still greyed out in 1Password. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a diagnostics report from 1Password, so we can look into this further?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• JimBobBoy
    JimBobBoy
    Community Member

Thanks, 1P_Gem!
    My support ticket ID is EIN-81883-748.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

• Hi @JimBobBoy, thanks for helping us to connect the dots! I can see that we've received your email, and we can continue the conversation there to avoid crossing any wires 😄

ref: EIN-81883-748

• JimBobBoy
    JimBobBoy
    Community Member

Hi 1P_Gem,
    As you know, with your patient help and that of your colleague I was able to get WH recognized by 1Password, and now have the fingerprint reader available when 1P awakes from a suspend. I do need to enter the password after a restart; thanks very much for explaining the reasons behind this.
    I was hugely impressed with your patience, skill and professionalism. Maximum stars!
    JimBobBoy

• Hi @JimBobBoy, thanks so much for your kind words! It's great to hear that all is working as expected and the information was helpful.

If there's ever anything more we can do, don't hesitate to reach back out 😄