How do I export Software License Info?

Options
SFO
SFO
Community Member
in Mac

I see an old post from 2016 showing that you could specify what fields to export but that is no longer the case. How do I export all my software licenses? There doesn't seem to be any way to get that information out.

1Password Version: 8.10.33
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS14.5
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @SFO! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. You can export your items to 1PUX format using this guide: How to export your data from the 1Password desktop app

Exports are designed to allow you to bring your items to another password manager if you ever decide to leave 1Password. Does this option work for you? Or was there another reason why you wanted to export your Software License items?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• SFO
    SFO
    Community Member
    Options

No, I need it in a spreadsheet. I don't need to move it into another password manager. Why was this functionality removed? Feels like system lock in.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 11
    Options

@SFO

If you're interested in using the converter suite, I can add an option to the onepux converter to allow selection of categories. It already allows selection of vaults and tags. It can generate a CSV.

• SFO
    SFO
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Oh, I have all my licenses put into a single vault for ease already. Sounds like I can just use your tool to move it into a csv file, if I'm reading this right?

Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@SFO

That's correct. Your command will look like:

perl convert.pl onepux -v --to_format csv --match_vault /software_license/ ~/Desktop/1PasswordExport-VXSLWGDV65BIZE5XVRANA44SDU-20240611-081013.1pux

Producing the rather wide CSV:

Note: I just updated the suite. For some reason, my build process didn't have an entry in the README for the onepux converter (I recently moved my development environment to a new machine).