Feature Request: Add Ability for Individual Account to Join Family Account

Options
yesmanmx
yesmanmx
Community Member

Hello!

Me and my wife are using 1Password for 5+ years and like it a lot! The product is amazing, thanks!

Not so long ago I noticed the Family feature. And I noticed this limitation from @emsnba

I propose implementing the Ability for Individual Account to Join Family Account.
It would be convenient for users to be able to group into families and left with their own accounts, rather than migrating to a new one, which only exists in the family.
Everything can happen, people can divorce, children can grow up, family organiser can even get mad or die... No one wants to appear in a situation where you don't have access to the account where all your personal secrets are stored.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This feature can even be extended in future into the joining of random interest groups (e.g. board game parties, student groups, etc.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 11
    Options

@yesmanmx

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I'm more than happy to propose this to the products team on your behalf. I can't make any promises, but I can let them know this matters to you. As a user myself I would love to see this.

ref: PB-40434546