[Bug] URL does not get recognized correctly when domain contains a dash "-"

widestorm
widestorm
Community Member

I just noticed that in a notes field on my Windows installation, I have some URLs listed and I tried to klick one when it failed to load the page correctly.

It seems any URL with a dash doesn't get recognized properly. The browser extension recognizes the URL as expected.

See here:

1Password Version: 8.10.33
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @widestorm, thanks for reaching out about this!

I've attempted to reproduce this on my end, but so far links are working as expected even with a dash. Is this occurring in the notes field of a Login item, or in a Secure Note? If you copy the text into a new item does it still do the same thing there? Do the links start to work or remain only partly clickable if you turn markdown support off and back on again with the steps below?

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type 1Password, and click on it.
    2. Unlock with your usual credentials if prompted.
    3. In the top left, click ⋮ > Settings > General.
    4. Disable and then re-enable Format secure notes using Markdown.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    edited June 12

@1P_Gem This looks to be an issue when searching. The search term is being highlighted and this is where it breaks.

1. Add website address to the notes section of a login (not Secure Notes)
    2. Save the login and the website address will display correctly. You can click this website address and it will work as intended.
    3. However, search for this website and you will see that your search term is highlighted but the website address is broken.
  • Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member

Just an update, this does happen in Secure Notes and it's also present on iOS.

• Hi @Powerless, thanks so much for these details! I've now been able to reproduce this on my end as well 😄

It seems that the issue with search highlight breaking links in notes fields is a known bug at the moment and I've gone ahead and added you and @widestorm as affected users. I'm not yet able to provide a timeline as to when a fix for this will be available, however you can keep an eye on our release notes page for news: 1Password Releases

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know!

ref: dev/core/core#29811