I have a set of 1Password files on DropBox - how do I move or delete these without issues?

I have a set of 1Password files on dropbox that don't seem to have been updated for a while. I don't know if these are important or can be deleted. I want to remove these (or move them to my Apple iCloud drive) as I no longer use Dropbox - can you help me understand if these are used or not and how I can get rid of them or move them. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.33
Extension Version: 8.10.33 (81033001)
OS Version: macOS 14.5 (23F79)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @mike_hadwin! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I see that you're using 1Password 8 which doesn't store any files in Dropbox. It's likely that the files that you're seeing are leftover from a previous version of 1Password that you might have used in the past. They would likely contain an old copy of your vault data from before you moved your items from an old standalone vault to your 1Password.com account.

We have a migration team that can help you make sure that you've migrated all of your items from any old standalone vaults and then safely remove those vaults. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and include a link to this thread. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• amycroft1
    amycroft1
    Community Member

Hi there,

I have a similar query to Mike; I signed up to 1Password back in 2017 and it had me store my 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox. Like Mike, I no longer use Dropbox and I also have the impression from searching online that this is no longer how 1Password operates.

Is it safe for me to delete all 1Password files in Dropbox? The most recently modified file is dated 2018.

Many thanks in advance for your support,

Amy

• @amycroft1

If you can sign in to 1Password.com and see all of your items there, then yes, you can remove all references to 1Password from Dropbox. The same is true if you're already running 1Password 8 on all your devices.

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• amycroft1
    amycroft1
    Community Member

Yes, I'm running the latest version of 1Password everywhere and can see all my items.

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, Grey!

Amy

• @amycroft1 – You're welcome! :)