1password desktop windows app does not launch / open.

skbreck
skbreck
Community Member
edited June 21 in Windows

Please assist. 1password app will not launch (open). Obviously a major problem because your app has all of my logins/passwords. Second time this has happened in two months. Please help. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• skbreck
    skbreck
    Community Member

additional info: I am trying to launch the app from the taskbar but it likewise won't open if I try to launch it from Start

• Hi @skbreck! I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't launching. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com so we can look into this further with you?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, (or if you've already reached out to us via email and have an existing Support ID), please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• skbreck
    skbreck
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. Good news that the app fixed itself apparently - it now launches. No changes on my PC from working status to not working to back to working again. Although currently working, the problem is that the failure has occurred twice in 2 months and when it happens is a critical situation because I can't access any of my logins. Even 15 minutes of failure impacts my ability to do business or personal work. I am concerned with the reliability of the app. If you have any information on a fix or prevention, I'd love to hear. For reference the relevant support ticket info is [#UDM-26214-687]. Thanks for your help

• @skbreck

I'm happy that 1Password is opening on your Windows PC again. I wanted to mention that you can also always access your passwords and other items by logging in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).

I see that my colleague responded to your support ticket with some other suggestions as well. If the issue does come back then please reply to their email and they can help further.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: UDM-26214-687

This discussion has been closed.