1password on Safari and Chrome Not allowing me to create a new password // password history empty

That pretty much describes it. I cannot create a new login entry by clicking the "+" in the upper right — nothing happens when I click. And, the password history is empty even after creating a generated password.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bleekerj,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you confirm for me that you are filling out the website's login page before clicking the + button? The + button will record whatever you have filled in to the form, but it can't record anything if you haven't filled anything out. Try this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials on the page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and click the + button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know the URL where you are having trouble.

As for the password history, please note that it only shows the history for the domain you are currently viewing. To see the password history for example.com you will need to be viewing example.com in your browser when you click the "View password history" button. If you want to view a complete list of all your generated passwords you can see it in the main 1Password application (Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords).

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.