Why am I being accosted with this terrible UI/UX?

volte
volte
Community Member
edited August 9 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I bought 1Password 7 years ago and i'm perfectly happy with it. I have no reason or interest in "upgrading" to a subscription service. If I wanted that I wouldn't have purchased a lifetime standalone license. Stop prompting me let alone 5 times to sign in or sign up or whatever. This is annoying and dishonorable.

1Password Version: 7.9.11 (70911001) (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 7.9.11 (From 1Password 7)
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @volte

You have the Mac App Store version downloaded and installed. It's not possible to use a license with that version. It is only able to use 1Password memberships which is why you see that message. Download and install 1Password 7 from our site. Then apply your license.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7

• volte
    volte
    Community Member

Thanks. How do I get my license if I lost it? I can't find it in my emails anywhere.

• @volte

Thanks for the reply. You may be able to find your license using this guide: Find your 1Password for Mac license file

If that doesn't work then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with the following information:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• volte
    volte
    Community Member

Thanks Dave! Here's the Support ID: #IMM-43427-265

• @volte

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I see that my colleagues have received your email and you should see a reply in your inbox soon.

Since we now have a communication channel open via email, I'll close this thread.

-Dave

ref: IMM-43427-265

This discussion has been closed.