Sync Problems - Resolved for now, but still worries me

Options

Hi Agilebits, I created 2 logins when on my laptop. I was using a mobile wifi hotspot at this time.

When I came home to use the logins in my desktop, they weren't in my 1PW database. I then turned on my laptop to sync, but it didn't show up on the desktop 1P then either. So I duplicated the logins on laptop and then both the duplicate and the original logins appeared on my 1PW desktop. So it seems ok for now, but I still don't feel assured that all of my logins between my devices are in sync: laptop, desktop, iPhone, and iPad.

When I explored the files the 1P keychain, I see 1Password (1).html from 1 through 8, including the original 1Password.html. I wonder if these are all different versions of my keychain. Please shed some light and what these duplicate files are. And is there a way for me to be assured that ALL logins are properly synced between my devices w/o having to go through each login 1-by-1 in each device. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I came home to use the logins in my desktop, they weren't in my 1PW database. I then turned on my laptop to sync, but it didn't show up on the desktop 1P then either. So I duplicated the logins on laptop and then both the duplicate and the original logins appeared on my 1PW desktop. So it seems ok for now, but I still don't feel assured that all of my logins between my devices are in sync: laptop, desktop, iPhone, and iPad.

Sounds like a possible caching issue. If it happens again, please select Help > Troubleshooing > Clear Cache from the menu bar. If it continues, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you. That shouldn't happen, and if it does you certainly shouldn't need to keep clearing the cache.

A simple sanity check is to compare item counts, but if you have any doubts at all, please don't hesitate to email us a Diagnostics Report so we can help. We are here for you. :)

When I explored the files the 1P keychain, I see 1Password (1).html from 1 through 8, including the original 1Password.html. I wonder if these are all different versions of my keychain. Please shed some light and what these duplicate files are. And is there a way for me to be assured that ALL logins are properly synced between my devices w/o having to go through each login 1-by-1 in each device. Thanks.

None of your data is stored in the HTML file. It is just a static file that contains the 1PasswordAnywhere web app. There was an update to 1PasswordAnywhere (and thus that file) a number of versions ago and that file was updated. For some reason Dropbox duplicated the file instead of overwriting it. To clean it up, remove all copies of 1Password.html (including the original). 1Password will recreate the file when you next launch it.

This discussion has been closed.