1password remembers my website, but presents the wrong username cards to select from.

dadudadn
dadudadn
Community Member
edited August 14 in 1Password in the Browser

I have opened my website in different browsers and from different computers, but the same result. my android phone does not have the issue. website: churchofjesuschrist.org
I've narrowed down the problem. At the login page, there is an icon on the top right to change/select the language. If I change the language to anything other than English, the correct user login names are presented to choose from. If I change back to English, I have 2 erroneous usernames to choose from.

1Password Version: 8.10.39
Extension Version: 2.27.1
OS Version: windows 11
Browser: brave, edge, chrome

Comments

• Hello @dadudadn! 👋

Thank you for the reporting the issue. I can confirm that we've reproduced the same issue on our end and that an issue has been filed with our development team. Hopefully the issue is fixed in a future update soon.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop, or copy and paste, your username from the 1Password pop-up in your browser's toolbar: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28159

• @dadudadn!

Thank you for your patience. Our development team has made improvements to how 1Password handles the login fields on churchofjesuschrist.org. Please update to 8.10.48:

If you still see the issue with 8.10.48 then let me know.

-Dave

• dadudadn
    dadudadn
    Community Member

Great news!
    Upon opening my browser(brave and edge) and clicking to sign-in, I was presented with the account(s) expected. NICE! My Password auto entered and was successful too, BUT, on the 2factor auth (Enter the temporary code generated in your Google Authenticator app screen) it repeatedly entered my password instead of the otp code found/setup in 1password-- of course I could manually drag and drop or copy/paste the code and it was fine but to be clear, the 1password ext for chrome based browsers fails to see the code screen for authentication and mistakes it for the password screen.

• dadudadn
    dadudadn
    Community Member

I have tried to disable and re-enable MFA, but it didn't help. 1p still works on my android phone perfectly

• dadudadn
    dadudadn
    Community Member

Oh and BTW, when the user enters the code, 1password will ask if you want to update the account password-- which if you do, the password becomes the OTP code just entered. Thankfully there is password history!