Issue with iPadOS 17.6.1 and 1Password Extension on Safari

2»

Comments

• @George47 and @jeremywsherman

Thank you for the reports. Our developers are working on a fix and hope to release it as soon as possible. For the time being, I recommend using Password AutoFill to save and fill your logins instead of the extension: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• Darkwing1167
    Darkwing1167
    Community Member

Raised with support, ticket WTR-14187-743

• @Darkwing1167

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that one of my colleagues has already sent you a reply. 🙂

-Dave

• yassin
    yassin
    Community Member

Hello!

I’m having an issue with 1Password Safari extension on iPad. The extension stops working very frequently. I have to open the extensions menu in Safari and disable then re-enable the 1Password extension to get it to work. Then it stops working again after a while.

1Password Version: 8.10.38
    Extension Version: 2.26.1
    OS Version: iPadOS 17.6.1
    Browser: Safari

• @yassin

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari isn't working properly on your iPad. This is a known issue that our development team is currently working on a fix for.

For the time being, as a workaround, you can use Password AutoFill to save and fill your logins instead of the extension: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• yassin
    yassin
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Thanks for the reply. Any ETA for when this issue is going to be resolved?

• @yassin

I don't have an ETA that I can provide. Our developers are actively testing a fix and hope to release it as soon as possible.

-Dave

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member

I’m having the same issue and I ONLY force close Safari if I have some type of issue…which is with !Password more than anything else.

Getting tired of issue after issue with 1Password. It didn’t use to be like this. Not sure I’m going to renew this fall.

• I'm sorry again for the frustration to everyone affected by the issue. Our developers are hoping to release a fix as soon as testing is completed to ensure that the fix won't introduce other issues.

-Dave

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member

I am having the same issue and the AutoFill work around doesn’t work properly. For example I was attempting to order food using the toastab.com website from Safari on my iPad and the Autofill window did not appear and the magic “key” icon was not visible. At that time the Safari extension was also not working. I’ve had, what feels to me, to be significant number of occurrences where the extension doesn’t work in this manner and it has been happening for a while. This also holds true for the Autofill feature. Since it was “added” it seems that most of the apps where I need to use the “key” icon to get to 1PW no longer show this icon. Not sure if this is 1PW or iPadOS but it is quite frustrating.

• Tcheuck
    Tcheuck
    Community Member

@jac.pd_1p @Dave_1P Works for me, thanks!

• Hello folks,

Thank you all for your patience. We recently released a new update to 1Password for Safari on iOS where we're fixed an issue where you’d have to turn the extension off and on again. If you haven't updated yet then follow the steps in this guide:

If you still have trouble using 1Password for Safari after updating to version 8.10.44 then please let me know.

-Dave

• ings
    ings
    Community Member

I’ve not experienced the problem since applying the update. Thanks.

Dave Ings

• @ings

I'm happy that everything is working for you. Thanks for confirming. 🙂

-Dave

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

@Dave_1P ,
    Thought I would comment since I opened the discussion. Everything works perfect for me as of last 1password update. Great work guys!

• Thank you for confirming that the issue is resolved on your end as well. 🙂

-Dave