1password causes chrome/quickbooks to become unresponsive

When I get a time-out login screen popup in quickbooks and click 1password to autofill the login info, it fills in the date range of the report i'm in instead of the login fields. This triggers a validation rule in quickbooks, as the login/password are not dates - the resulting popup does not go away. I'm using windows 7 & the 1password chrome extension.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to verify autosubmit for the form.

You may even need to copy and paste for now, but if you're still having trouble please let me know the URL where you are having the problem. It may be tricky to test without an account there, but we'll see what we can do. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.