Family Password + New iPhone

Sonya
Sonya
Community Member
Hi!

I purchased a family license and wondered how to install 1Password on my new iPhone. Or do I have to purchase another license for the iPhone? I am also trying to install it on my Windows desktop but it is not accepting the license key. I've installed 1Password on my MacBook and love it.

I have shared the family license with my 3 cousins so we should have 1 more left. ((Right?))

Thanks!
Sonya

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    Sonya wrote:

Hi!

I purchased a family license and wondered how to install 1Password on my new iPhone. Or do I have to purchase another license for the iPhone? I am also trying to install it on my Windows desktop but it is not accepting the license key. I've installed 1Password on my MacBook and love it.

I have shared the family license with my 3 cousins so we should have 1 more left. ((Right?))

Thanks!
    Sonya

Hi Sonya,

Welcome to the forums. The Windows and Mac License keys are not interchangeable. As for the iphone this has no bearing on your license's what you need to do there is to visit the app store and purchase the 1password app.

There are 3 versions:

iPad - just iPad only
    1password pro - works on both the iphone and ipad (especially useful if you plan on getting an ipad in the future)
    1password - just for the iphone

By my count you would have 1 license's (mac version) left thats a total of 5 minus your macbook (1) and the 3 cousins.

Please note in re to the Windows version. I think there is a sticky in the windows sections covering purchasing the license. If I am not mistaken it is still at a discount till the actual release you may want to check that out. I honestly don't follow the win section that much as I am a Mac only house.

Early Bird Purchase link : http://forum.agile.w...r-beta-testers/
  • Sonya
    Sonya
    Community Member
    Thank you for responding! My cousin thought it was a one-for-all license hence my confusion when it didn't work.

I will make the purchase for the iPhone/iPad and will consider the Windows version. I'm trying to wean myself off the Windows desktop anyway and this looks like a good first step...

-- Sonya
  • Lucky i read this thread as i also thought it was an all in one license.

B)
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member

Lucky i read this thread as i also thought it was an all in one license.

B)

Hi, welcome to the forums. The licenses are platform-specific. We have more information about them here: License Info

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have other questions.
This discussion has been closed.