Failed to connect to 1Password mini, again and again [Fixed by updating to 10.8.5]

Options
bit_kevin
bit_kevin
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Failed to connect to 1Password mini , again and again.

I have uninstalled 1P v3 mac completely, and download the v4, but always show "Failed to connect to 1Password mini".

steps: uninstall v3, reboot computer, install v4. It does NOT work!

So I try to uninstall other apps: Alfred, Dropbox, BitTorrent... Still not work, who can help me?

Comments

• bit_kevin
    bit_kevin
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

BTW, uninstall v3 with 1PasswordUninstaller , and remove all browser's extensions one by one.

• bit_kevin
    bit_kevin
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

OS X version: 10.8.2.

# ~  uname -a
    Darwin kevin-mac 12.2.1 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.1: Thu Oct 18 16:32:48 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.20.9~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

I think the 1P mini failure to listen some ports, when launch v4, network status:

# ~  lsof -i -n
    COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    SystemUIS 169   he    7u  IPv4 0xbe7a0bf7dbdc03e3      0t0  UDP *:*
    Finder    170   he   15u  IPv4 0xbe7a0bf7e0da636b      0t0  TCP 127.0.0.1:49182->127.0.0.1:26164 (CLOSE_WAIT)
    NetworkBr 206   he    5u  IPv4 0xbe7a0bf7dbdbf493      0t0  UDP *:*

can't find 1P mini.

Relaunch V3, errors:

Failed to copy 1PasswordAgent

Please make sure the

/Users/he/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent

folder is writable. Please create the folder if it does not exist. It is also recommended to use Disk Utility to verify and repair disk permissions.

Error: The file “1PasswordAgent” doesn’t exist.

• mattbaker
    mattbaker
    Community Member
    Options

True for me too, I can't use 1Password 4. I've also uninstalled v3, extensions, etc. Considering I filed a support ticket for this last week, this is pretty ridiculous. Small bugs are one thing, but the product I paid for doesn't launch.

• DoctorWhiteface
    DoctorWhiteface
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same problem, even after uninstalling 1Password 4 and reinstalling it. Since this version is not working I'm not about to uninstall 1Password 3. Also running under Max OSX 10.8.2.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers!

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hey all,

I notice at least a couple of you mentioned that you're running 10.8.2, and the current version of Mac OS is 10.8.5. If you update your OS, do you still have trouble launching? There are a few reports that updating the OS does the trick, so let us know how it goes.

• chadq
    chadq
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved (for me).

I ran into the same error using 10.8.2.** I upgraded to 10.8.5 and 1Password 4 started up without a hitch**.

Seems like it's a conflict between 10.8.2 and 1P4.

• Stephen J Kaytus
    Stephen J Kaytus
    Community Member
    Options

I am running into the same problem. I will try to upgrade to 10.8.5 and see if that helps.

• bit_kevin
    bit_kevin
    Community Member
    Options

After I upgraded OS X from v10.8.2 to v10.8.5, the problem resolved.

• Georg Stadler
    Georg Stadler
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue on 10.8.5 and could resolve it.
    Please make sure you have a backup of your data and Logins (i.e. Dropbox Sync)
    I used appcleaner to remove 1Password4 and every Preference file.
    I used 1Password3 uninstaller to completeley remove everything left of 1Password3.
    Uninstalled every browser Extension.
    Reboot.
    Reinstall 1Password. On startup it should pickup the backup from Dropbox. :)
    worked for me.

• tex70
    tex70
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

i had the same problem -- rebooting my mac finally worked.

• Hi guys,

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad it is working properly now.

• seron
    seron
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem in 10.8.5. After renaming all directories or files in ~/Library with agile or 1Password in its name that pertained to 1Password I could start 1Password without errors. I don't know which of these files/directories cause the error but I did not have to reboot.

I used variations of the following to find directories:
    find . -type d -iname 'agile'

Swap d for f for files. Else look in the find man page.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @seron.

1Password stores user data and other files/folders under certain ~/Library locations used to function properly. Renaming or removing them is not generally recommended for resolving problems with 1Password, only in specific cases and after ensuring required data restoration will be possible.

And it's not recommended to use uninstaller/cleaner tools to remove 1Password files, risking removal of required data and backups. For example:

Unfortunately, I used Hazel and allowed it to delete the library files, Sure enough, all of my login passwords are gone. Even my dropbox files are empty.

Even if you had no issues doing what you did I'm sure you don't want anyone to accidentally lose their 1Password data by trying it.

Let's all have happy, safe holidays and 1Password data. :)

This discussion has been closed.