Chrome Plugin in Windows ist just syncing.....

Options

Hello,

I recently bought the mac/Windows bundle. Using 1password4 ist working fine with Chrome on my Mac. Now I am trying to get the stuff working on my Windows machine. Installing 1password4 went fine, then I tried to install the plugin through the preferences section. The Plugin was installed correctly, but entering my password is causing the plugin to do a endless syncing process.

Am I missing something here?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/o4fv.png
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/yfdd.png

Comments

• Thalbadar
    Thalbadar
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, finally its running now without doing anything then making this post.

Maybe the extension got a bit scary when I started writing and decided to start working now :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Thalbadar,

I'm glad to hear that you seem to have scared the extension into syncing. For future reference, because 1Password is currently in version 4 for Mac but still in version 1 for Windows, the extensions are not sync-able. In Chrome, you'll need to go to chrome://settings/ and select Advanced Sync Settings. Once you disable extension syncing you should be able to use version 4 of the extension for Mac, and the appropriate Windows version.

If you have any further questions, please let me know :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

because 1Password is currently in version 4 for Mac but still in version 1 for Windows, the extensions are not sync-able

Your 1Password data (logins, passwords, identities, etc) will sync just fine. What @Megan is saying here: you should disable Chrome Sync, so that the Mac extension stays on Mac, and the Windows extension stays on Windows. However, both extensions (version 4 on Mac and version 3 on Windows) can read/write the same 1Password data and keep your 1Password data "in sync".

This discussion has been closed.