Dutch translation for 1Password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Does 1Password 4 support multilingual forms?.

Comments

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    Options

Now i didnt purchased 1Password trough the AppStore, but installed Language Switcher, installed and applied to 1Password4, but only here and there i see Dutch translations; most is still English though. Earlier today i looked for similar question, and ended up at http://crowdin.net/ where you can contribute for translating 1Password4, which i did and wasfun. 2 Questions: 1# is or isnt there already a Dutch translation file for the (Mac) app? 2# Is this at Crowdin related to 1Password anyway; is my translation contribution for the benefit of 1Password, and i need to pay to contribute for free??? (-after trial period/amount of strings)

• Hi @robbertv69,

isnt there already a Dutch translation file for the (Mac) app? Is this at Crowdin related to 1Password anyway; is my translation contribution for the benefit of 1Password

Yes, your contributions help all of the Dutch users of 1Password. We use Crowdin as the translation service to let our community step in and help us translate 1Password in their languages.

Right now, Dutch is at 83% done, and needs to be validated by other Dutch folks to ensure it is correct with the right context before we can push it to the app. We need more folks to help with the rest of the missing translated strings to complete the Dutch translation.

, and i need to pay to contribute for free???

You don't have to pay for anything at Crowdin, it's free to anybody who wants to help with the translations.

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, yes, more Dutchies should help ;) But i saw two persons allowed to validate, with only their own translation; if they could check and validate the done translations ;) but there are many lines, and tricky ones :s. Think this Crowdin is a great and regarding all languages in general; maybe for Agilebits to mention this support more in the beta-updates, for users to help speedup their own language file being completed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbertv69,

Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, if you know any more Dutchies who might want to help translate 1Password, feel free to send them to the Crowdin site :)

This discussion has been closed.