Accessing 1Password Dropbox .html file

Hi there,

So in the last 2 weeks I can't seem to have any luck opening the .html file located in my Dropbox. This has been working in the past, but now it loads up and I just get a white screen...with (unlike some other people with a similar problem) no error message. The screen is just blank.

I have tried repairing my 1Password data, but that hasn't helped. I have tried on a couple of different machines at both home and work with no luck. 1Password is still working and up to date on my iOS devices and works on my PC at home.

The only thing I can think of that has changed recently would be that I finally got around to buying a license for 1Password and upgrading - if that's the right term - to the latest version of everything, but that was a little before this problem cropped up.

I have tried on both Chrome and IE to try and eliminate other potential reasons, but it's the same on both.

Any idea how I might be able to get this feature back working again?

Let me know if you need any more information. All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Isildrae I have forwarded your question to our 1PasswordAnywhere developer.

In the meantime, can you please download Safari for Windows, and try again? http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1531

Thanks!

• Isildrae
    Isildrae
    Community Member

Thanks very much. Apologies if it was in the wrong section or contacting the wrong people. I'll get on that and try it with Safari.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

No problem, @Isildrae—I don't think we have a forum section dedicated to 1PasswordAnywhere, so it's perfectly reasonable to ask in the area dedicated to the platform on which you use the "regular" version of 1Password.

We hope knowing how different browsers handle that file will help the 1PasswordAnywhere developer figure out why you're seeing a blank window.

Thanks for your help!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure why your access to 1PasswordAnywhere would have changed recently unless maybe you updated your browser versions. Did you try the tip in this page to allow the local file access?

Another thing that I have found recently is that my browsers get into a weird state where I see blank white windows without 1PasswordAnywhere in the mix. In those cases, using a new Chrome Incognito window has helped me. That's a good thing to try just to be sure that there's not some caching or temporary files causing an issue.

If that doesn't help, could you bring up the Chrome console and let us know what you see there? You can get to the console from the Chrome menu's Tools > Javascript Console menu. You can just copy and paste all the content from this window.

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.