1Password Browser Extensions

I use 1Password on both my Mac and Windows machine, and I have my browsers setup to sync plugins/addons etc. So now that I have upgraded my Mac's to 1Password 4, the windows machine gives me browser errors that the addon's won't work with 1Password. On the Mac 1password gave me a message that I cannot have both v3.8 and v4 of the plugins enabled. Are there plans to upgrade 1password on windows to v4 soon? Or is there a better way to fix this?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, Michael!

We are, indeed, working around the clock to get version 4 of 1Password for Windows ready, but I don't have any details on when it might become available.

In the meantime, as you've deduced, you have to DISable the extension-sync feature in Chrome. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member

This answered my question as well... just purchased 1Password 4 Mac and Windows bundle. Got it all set up on my personal mac, including browser extensions in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari... but now the 1Password 4 browser extension doesn't work on my work computer (Windows 8.1 Pro).

Can the 1Password 3 browser extension be used on the windows machine, simultaneously with 1Password 4 and it's respective browser extensions being installed on the Mac, without any conflict or data errors/loss? Perhaps at least in a read-only mode, just to call on data in 1Password, but not write new data to it?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Absolutely, @boboman13! Not only can the 3.x browser extensions be used on your PC, they must be used there.

For now, you need to disable Chrome's extension-sync feature, so that Chrome won't keep overwriting the extension on one platform or the other with the wrong version.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Can the 1Password 3 browser extension be used on the windows machine, simultaneously with 1Password 4 and it's respective browser extensions being installed on the Mac, without any conflict or data errors/loss?

Yes.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Two answers for the price of one!

Let us know if we can help with anything else, @boboman13.

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member

AWESOME! Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.