Disabling Chrome Extension Sync is Not a Solution; Add an Option to Disable Extension/Popup Warning

I am tired of dealing with this issue for months. I am not going to disable Chrome extension sync across 4 computers under the reasoning that this is a reasonable solution/workaround.

Why is it so difficult to implement a simple checkbox that disable the extension itself (for use on Windows; it could optionally just disable the shockingly annoying popup you all implemented)? If you gave me the source code I could implement this in under and hour so the excuse about "prioritizing resources" is not a reasonable counter argument. The popup/nag window that was implemented is the problem that needs fixing.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Why is it so difficult to implement a simple checkbox that disable the extension itself

Because when you disable the extension, that state is synchronized too. In other words: disabling the extension on Windows will disable it on your Mac, too.

optionally just disable the shockingly annoying popup you all implemented

We added a checkbox to the "shockingly annoying popup" for this on Oct 21: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes#v338

• davedgd
    davedgd
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Good point about the state synching (didn't occur to me). Also, thanks for implementing the checkbox; I haven't been able to use the app for weeks so I never noticed it was patched. Much appreciated.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know it works for you, @davedgd!

This discussion has been closed.