Trouble logging in to 1Password

I'm having trouble logging into the desktop version of 1Password. I'm not sure the version and cannot check (more on this later), but I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8 and originally purchased 1Password from the AgileBits website. I believe I recently was prompted to download a newer version, but cannot remember if it was this program or another. I did not pay to upgrade to this newer version, that I do remember.

Here's the problem, as soon as I start up 1Password and try to enter my main password, nothing happens. I get a blinking curser, but none of the characters I enter show up. When this first started happening, the first character would show up, but nothing else. I am not able to click on any of the drop down menus at the top, so I cannot tell which version I am running. I end up having to force quit, but the menu does not say that 1Password is "not responding".

Help!? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Hi @Leone024,

Please press Command+` to see if there are any error messages behind the 1Password window that could give us a bit of a clue as to why this is happening. I'd also like you to try re-starting your computer to see if that kicks things into gear. If you are still having difficulties, please let me know :)

• Leone024
    Leone024
    Community Member

I tried restarting, but it didn't help. No error message seen. Restarted again a couple days later and it seems to be working now. Version 3.8.21 (build 32009). Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Leone024,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working for you now! If you do run into any further snags though, please let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.