Chrome not working with one site

I use Chrome as my browser of choice, however, I have one site I that won't work using Chrome but will when using Internet Explorer. By that, I mean it won't work with 1Password and auto login with Chrome but it will with Internet Explorer. The site claims I have input a wrong username or password when I try to autofill with Chrome. Any ideas??

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Not off-hand, but if you send us the URL of the login page that's misbehaving, we'll be glad to take a look at it. You can send it to support@agilebits.com, if you prefer; please include a link to this forum thread, so we can "connect the dots."

Thanks for your help, @dmedin57!

• dmedlin57
    dmedlin57
    Community Member

Thanks, I'm sending the details to the support address and will include a link to the discussion. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, @dmedlin57.

• dmedlin57
    dmedlin57
    Community Member

Well, I never heard anything back from support other than the initial auto-reply saying it might be some time before I received a reply. The site I was referring to is scotttrade.com. Now, my bank's site (suntrust.com) no longer works either! When I first go to the site (suntrust) with Chrome, it appears to fill in the fields appropriately but the site tells me "UserID/Password does not match our records" then presents me with the sign-on fields again. This time (second time always) it will work. Close up Chrome, go back to the site, same thing! I finally decided to just delete the Suntrust entry from 1Password and have it re-save it. Now, from Chrome, 1Password won't ever pop up and give me the option to create a new entry. This had been working fine, Chrome is what I most always use. So, I fire up IE and go to the site again in order to save the login. This works with IE and I can login automatically with IE but still the same issue with Chrome, tells me bad ID/pass then presents login fields again and works the second time. Please help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry, I should've directed you to support@windows@agilebits.com, so I'd see it. I apologize for the oversight...force of habit. <:( I'm really glad you posted here, again@dmelin57!

We've been stumped by some hard-to-pin-down foibles in the extensions for Chrome and Firefox, and I'm not sure we'll have it fixed before the next version comes out (in which it is proving not to be a problem).

I wish I had a more satisfying answer for you.

• dmedlin57
    dmedlin57
    Community Member

Next version? Meaning an update I can get for free or something I'll have to pay for again??

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

Well, I was referring to 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta test and development, which is a major upgrade rather than an update. That said, it really depends on when you purchased your 1Password for Windows license, @dmelin57. AgileBits has a long history of very long free-upgrade periods.

Be sure to get on the beta newsletter list: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• dmedlin57
    dmedlin57
    Community Member

I just purchased iOS and Windows versions about two months ago. I certainly hope I can get a free upgrade!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

AgileBits has a long history of very long free-upgrade periods.

This discussion has been closed.