Best practices for keeping personal and business entries separate?

Hello,

I'm new to 1Password and looking for some advice about how best to keep my personal and business entries separate. I'm using the Windows Desktop version and the iOS version.

Is it better to keep separate files? If so, can the iOS version point to separate files?

Or is it easier just to use folders for "Personal" and "Business".

Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I use folders, myself. I also use tags for an orthogonal way of categorizing things, because you can apply as many tags as you like to a Login or other saved item.

I hope that helps, @DenverMike. Thanks for using 1Password!

• lonscher
    lonscher
    Community Member

@DBrown - are you using tags in the windows version? If so, please tell me how.

• lonscher
    lonscher
    Community Member

@DenverMike - I agree with DBrown that folders is the best way using the windows version. The mac 4 version has a really slick way of switching between different data files. Hopefully development of the windows version will some day catch up with the mac verison.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

How you use tags is as personal a decision as how you use folders, @lonscher. I have folders and subfolders for business, individual clients, and various aspects of my personal life. Because a 1Password item can be in only one folder at a time, I use tags to associate items that reside in separate folders. Your use of folders and tags will certainly differ from mine.

By the way, version 4 of 1Password for Windows is currently in beta development.

This discussion has been closed.